Building a Legacy
H.W. "Hank" Hunter purchased an existing Dodge and Plymouth dealership from Mr. Chester Smith in May of 1944. The Dealership was incorporated as "H.W. Hunter, Inc." on July 17, 1956, and to the present, is known as Hunter Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram and Hunter Fiat.
Automobile dealers in the old days always had gas pumps out front (gravity operated, of course) to help take care of their customers' every need. Chester Smith operated the Dodge-Plymouth agency in Lancaster in the early 1930s and sold Shell gasoline along with it at this station on Antelope Avenue (now Sierra Highway). Since 1998, H.W. Hunter, Inc. has operated out of a state-of-the-art facility in the Lancaster Auto Mall. Our new location provides customers with a modern, friendly and clean environment to purchase and service their Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Fiat and Alfa Romeo vehicles. With twenty-eight service stalls, a full-service body shop, certified technicians and high-tech diagnostic and repair equipment, our customers enjoy the best service available! The dealership is now run by the grandsons of Hank Hunter, Tom and Tim Fuller. Who still operate the facilities with pride and integrity, just as their Father and Grandfather had done.
Please take a look at our open position on the Careers page and apply today!