Building a Legacy
In 1925, William Burns bought a Used Car lot in Newark, NJ, and several years later after hard work and innovative customer service, he was awarded a Pontiac franchise. His sons, Robert and Edward would eventually join him in his successful family business, and when Richard Kull was brought in to help continue growing the business the Burns-Kull Auto Group was born.
Burns Pontiac opened in our current Marlton location in 1973, eventually to be joined by GMC and Hyundai franchises at that location. A lot has changed since Mr. Burns founded the company with just five employees over 90 years ago. Sadly, the Pontiac brand closed their doors in 2009, and while we were disappointed to see the brand dissolve, we were excited to welcome the Buick brand into our Marlton line-up, along with Commercial trucks which came on board in 2013.
You can find Burns Buick GMC Hyundai at 500 West Route 70, where our current staff is made up of over 170 dedicated and hardworking team members, and we continue to make customer service top priority just as Mr. Burns did when he started the company!