Building a Legacy
Our company was founded way back in 1937 by Earl D. Stewart, Sr., when he established Stewart Pontiac in downtown West Palm Beach. Mr. Stewart was one of the pioneers of the early car business and was active in the Detroit area as far back as 1912, working as a test driver for the Hudson Motor Company. Later, he served as a service representative for the Maxwell Motor Company before going to work as the first car distributor for the famous Dodge Brothers. He opened Stewart Pontiac at 508 South Avenue and moved the location to its historic setting at 1928 South Dixie Highway in 1941.
Earl Stewart, Jr. joined the family business at Stewart Pontiac in November 1968. It was here that he began to learn the hands-on style of leadership that is the hallmark of the Stewart organizations. Earl Sr. explained that the “best restaurants have the owner working in the kitchen” and applied that philosophy to his car dealerships. This concept would become fully evolved in later years at Earl Stewart Toyota.
At the dawn of the 21st century, extraordinary things began to happen at what was now called Stewart Toyota of North Palm Beach. A transformation of values, priorities and success were underway, strengthening the foundation of this old family company. Earl Stewart Toyota is still the biggest and best car dealership in Palm Beach County and still continues to shatter records for sales, service, and customer satisfaction every year.