In 1927, Mr. Winstead P. Bone, Jr., in partnership with Mr. A. W. Hooker, founded Wilson County Motors and envisioned the dynamic growth and progress experienced by our community. Their ethical business practices and sense of community leadership worked hand-in-hand in building the success and progress we now enjoy.
Originally, the Dealership was located on South Maple Street where it survived fire, flood, war, and depression. The Dealership moved to its current location in 1964. As our community grows, we want to make sure our business is operated on the principles that will keep pace. Every partner strongly feels that our greatest assets in the future growth and progress of the Wilson County Store are our team members, our guests, and our product lineup.
Wilson County Motors was founded in 1927 on South Maple Street, just one block from the public square. In 1964, we moved to West Main Street. Despite a fire in parts of the building in 1975, we have continued to grow and prosper.
Our founder, W. P. Bone, Jr. retired in 1980. W.P was then partnered with Sam Hopkins and Dan Denney. Mr. Hopkins retired shortly before he died in 1985. Dan continued with the dealership until his death in 2005. W. P. Bone, III began as a teenager, and bought into the business in 1969. He is currently partnered with his sons, Mitchel (2006) and Paine Bone (2007). Nancy Bone began her time at the dealership in 2003. Other long-term team members include Sheree Griffin (1972), Robert Crawford (1979), Rick Tomlinson (1985), David Thompson (1988), David Taylor (1990), Tracy Johns (1990), and Richard Garrison (1993).